EMS Alumni do you want to share your knowledge and experience with students? If yes, the EMS Mentoring Program is for you. The Mentoring Program was created to help our college's undergraduates succeed, prepare them for their professional careers, and become active EMS alumni. The program allows students to explore topics like internships, career planning, college to career transition, and leadership development with an alumni mentor. Our alumni have a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, talents and interests. The program is designed to leverage this diversity in order to provide students with a broader perspective on career choices by pairing them with mentors that complement their interest, discipline/major, and professional aspirations.
Goals of Program
- Provide a fulfilling opportunity for students to learn about career paths, professional fields, and educational options from alumni working in their field of interest
- Provide a fulfilling opportunity for alumni to be involved with the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences by sharing their knowledge and experience with our students
Would you like to be a mentor to a student?
The mentoring program is open to all College of Earth and Mineral Sciences alumni. Our alumni mentors are successful professionals in their fields and represent the range of careers available to graduates of the college. All mentors serve on a voluntary basis.To learn more see the links below:
- Alumni Mentoring Program Guidelines
- Apply to Become an Alumni Mentor
- Download Alumni Mentoring Handbook
Get More Information
If you have any questions regarding the EMS Mentoring Program, please contact program chair Alan Schaffranek by telephone at 814-863-4667 or by email at email@example.com.