These opportunities have been sent to us by colleagues at other institutions.
Senior Lab Technician
Company: Chesapeake Energy
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
This senior-level position is responsible for conducting chemical and physical laboratory tests in support of projects led by scientists and geologists, under limited supervision. This includes geochemical, core analysis and/or rock mechanics studies in order to compile knowledge of core and fluid properties associated with various rock formations. May also assist in quality control, data management, and physical inventory management.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and conducts experiments, tests, and analyses
- Provides technical support and assistance to geochemists, scientists, and geologists
- Performs calibrations and repairs of analytical equipment
- Assembles, operates, and maintains laboratory testing, measuring, and mechanical equipment
- Prepares core samples for testing
- Conducts tests and inspections of products, services or processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Compiles results and data for scientists, geochemists, and geologists and assists in interpretation where required
- Records, stores, and maintains data
- Observes and promotes all safety regulations and rules
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Specific Skills
- Advanced knowledge of laboratory safety and reporting techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of laboratory analysis methods.
- Advanced ability to work with all chemical, petrochemical, and petroleum products.
- Advanced ability to multitask efficiently in order to complete objectives.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of focus.
- Ability to drive a fork lift
- Knowledge of thin section preparation and imaging
Minimum: High school diploma or GED
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree - from accredited university - Geology, Geochemistry, Physical Science or related field
Minimum: 5 - 8 years related work experience
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation's operations are focused on discovering and developing its large and geographically diverse resource base of unconventional oil and natural gas assets onshore in the United States.
Employer Name: Pennhills Resources, LLC
Job Description: Pennhills Resources is seeking to hire a Geology intern to work in the Kane office, as well as have hands-on experiences at our locations in Pennsylvania. A high aptitude and strong work ethic will make up for any inexperience. A desire for hands-on learning and constant hard work will make a candidate hard to pass up.
Job Duties: The summer internship program is designed to provide a foundation of technical knowledge & firsthand experience in an everyday E&P setting. Project assignments range from working current development projects in one of our core assets to assisting our Senior Geologists on our exploration of new plays and prospect identification. Projects are designed to provide meaningful learning opportunities while delivering valuable contributions. Interns will also have the opportunity to participate in educational meetings (e.g., industry and in-house Lunch & Learns) and other industry sponsored events. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Logs evaluation and correlation of formation tops;
- Generates geologic prognoses for drilling and well planning;
- Updates geologic maps used in the well planning process; and
- Completes a mapping project that coincides with the teams objectives.
Requirements: Enrollment in a college/university to pursue a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Geology is required for this position. Candidate must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with wireline logs and Geographix/Petra digital mapping systems is a plus. Candidate must have completed their sophomore year and returning to school at the end of the internship preferred. Candidate must also maintain a professional appearance at all times, must be detail oriented, and be able to manage deadlines. A candidate must be self-motivated and proactive.
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter, if you have one, to: firstname.lastname@example.org