- Landscape/ecosystem resilience to climate and land-use change
- Tropical biogeography and paleoenvironments
- Past and future of biodiversity hotspots
- Vegetation controls on weathering and landscape evolution
- Reconstructing the environmental context of hominin evolution
For more info: https://sarahivorypollen.wordpress.com/
I am an ecologist and geologist who uses fossil pollen records to better understand past ecosystem change in order to inform future conservation strategies. I also work with models and remote sensing data to observe the processes that drive tropical ecological change and vegetation responses to climate in the past. This work focuses on vegetation and climate history from the recent past to millions of years ago in order to evaluate future range changes and land-use impacts in hotspots of global biodiversity.