Congratulations to the following students who received awards and special recognition for their efforts in 2019-20 and to the students who graduated.
Awards, Recognition, and Service
- Adam Benfield - Center for Landscape Dynamics Research Award
- Julia Carr - Grand Prize winner (one of eight) for the 2019 AGU Data Visualization and Storytelling Competition
- Si Chen - stipend from the ASTRO research program at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) and a free admission to NX School (National School on Neutron and X-ray Scattering)
- Joanmarie Del Vecchio - Winner of the 2019 Wiley Award from the British Society of Geomorphology
- Alejandra Domic - (postdoc)- Marie Curie award granted by the National Academy of Sciences of Bolivia
- Arnold Eatmon – College of Earth and Mineral Sciences Graduate Fellow for Science Advocacy and Diversity for 2019-2020 and 2020-2021
- Arnold Eatmon – College of Earth and Mineral Sciences Jay M. and Katherine Definis Outstanding Student Leadership Award
- Troy Ferland - 2019-2020 GSA Charles A. and June R.P. Ross Research Fund Recipient.
- Victor Garcia - GSA Graduate Geoscience Research Grant
- Katie Horisk - Cleveland Museum of Natural History Hoskins Grant
- Sofia Johnson-Gutiérrez - College of Earth and Mineral Sciences Graduate Fellow for Science Advocacy and Diversity for 2020-2021
- Kirsty McKenzie - AGeS2 Geochronology Research Award from GSA to quantify differential uplift across the Yaquina Bay fault, Oregon using Optically Stimulated Luminescence (OSL) of marine terraces sands.
- Collin Oborn – earned an Honorable Mention for his NSF graduate student research fellowship application
- Emily Schwans - Member of the Science Organization Committee for the International Thwaites Glacier Collaboration (ITGC) Next Generation meeting last year, a key effort as part of the large international ITGC.
- Srisharan Shreedharan - Schlanger Ocean Discovery Fellowship awardee for the 2019-20 year
- Guangchi Xing - Dr. and Mrs. S. Norman Domenico Scholarship by SEG
Degrees awarded 2019-20
- Perri Silverhart, M.S.
- Cathleen Bressers, M.S.
- Damaris Wyatt, M.S.
- Chloe Stanton, M.S.
- Aoshuang Ji, M.S.
- Abby Kenigsberg, Ph.D
- David Yoxtheimer, Ph.D.
- Judith Sclafani, Ph.D.
- Thamer Alotaibi, Ph.D.
- Virginia Marcon, Ph.D.
(No M.S. graduates)
- Allison Karp, Ph.D.
- Austin White-Gaynor, Ph.D.
- Erica Pitcavage, Ph.D.