error Coronavirus Updates expand_more

Academic Advising

Academic advising is an opportunity for you to engage with faculty and staff in the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences to identify academic goals, develop educational plans, and maximize your educational experience. We encourage students to take advantage of a wide array of learning opportunities including: study abroad, world languages, minors, and engaged scholarship (internships, co-ops, undergraduate research, and other hands-on learning opportunities).

It is the responsibility of all students to initiate contact with academic advisers, monitor their academic progress, and follow university policies. Please work closely with your assigned academic adviser. You can find contact information in LionPATH.

How to Contact an Adviser

As a student in the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences, you have multiple options for requesting academic advising assistance. You can work with your assigned adviser (often a faculty member in your current or intended major), advising staff in each department, or advisers in the Ryan Family Student Center.

Who Should I Contact?

All students in the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences are assigned to an academic adviser. Often, this adviser is a faculty or staff member in the students major or intended major. In addition to an assigned adviser, students also have access to general advisers in the Ryan Family Student Center (14 Deike Building). Assigned advisers are more connected to specific programs and are best prepared to help students make decisions in course selection for major requirements, approve substitutions, and make post graduation plans. Advisers in the Ryan Family Student Center can assist in understanding university policies and procedures, general education selections and substitutions, change of major, adding minors, issues around academic difficulty, and study abroad plans.

Expore Our Resources

University Resources